New Lodge Arts are inviting applications for a competent, experienced and appropriately qualified Artist or Artists to deliver the Stepping Stones programme.
You can apply here https://forms.gle/UyLsm4z2tDKkVkTh8
For a word version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Artist – Stepping Stones Programme
Dates: September – December 2021 (15 weeks)
Hours: 3 sessions per week (Tuesday 3.30pm-5pm, Wednesday 3.30pm-5pm & Thursday 3.30pm-5pm)
Fee: £70 per session
Responsible to: Arts Programme and Operations Manager, New Lodge Arts
Location: New Lodge Arts, Ashton Centre
*Please note we will consider different artists for each day if all 3 days don’t suit.
The Artist(s) will deliver the Stepping Stones, an arts-based programme for children and young people with Emotional, Social and Behavioural difficulties. The programme aim is to develop personal and social skills, confidence and self-esteem development.
The role will require a highly experienced, committed and creative person/people who bring innovation, energy and strong youth engagement skills to supporting young people’s development. The role requires considerable experience in working with young people with Emotional, Social and Behavioural difficulties.
We are interested in applicants from a broad spectrum of art forms to bring new opportunities to the participants to include Visual Art, Digital Art, Dance, Drama etc.
- To deliver the Stepping Stones programme engaging with young people (aged 5-11yrs) with Emotional, Social and Behavioural difficulties. To include attendance at 3 weekly after schools classes:
- Group 1 – Tuesday’s after schools 3.30pm-5pm – Age P2-P3
- Group 2 – Wednesdays after schools 3.30pm-5pm – Age P4-P5
- Group 3 – Thursdays after schools 3.30pm-5pm – Age P6-P7
- To encourage a fun, positive, participative, youth-centred atmosphere at weekly classes ensuring that young people play an active role in the development of activities
- To positively challenge oppressive behaviour in young people.
- Support young people in evaluating activities and the impact of the programme on their development.
- Support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge and in taking action to address key issues in their lives.
- To support participants’ progression on to the more consistent Arts Academy Programme and other initiatives.
- To monitor and record participant’s interests and engagement throughout the duration of the programmes
- To work closely with Project Worker, youth workers, arts organisations and youth and community groups to maximise the creative outcomes from programmed activities.
The application format is as follows:
- Applicants must demonstrate and provide evidence where appropriate how they meet all elements of the essential criteria. Please note it is important to address each criteria listed above in your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being deemed ineligible.
- Applicants must include a full and up to date CV with their application and two referees
Tuesday 3rd August 2021
Friday 20th August 2021
w/c 23rd August 2021
w/c 30th August 2021
Appointment of Contract
w/c 30th August 2021
End December 2021